Dixie's New Year Riddle
In a road there are five houses, painted five different colours.
In each house lives a different person.
Each drink a different kind of beverage, drive a different car and have a different pet.
Dixie's riddle is: In whose house can you smell a rat?
- Bob lives in a red house.
- Pip keeps a donkey at his house.
- Jon drinks Stella.
- The gold house is next to, and on the left of the white house.
- The owner of the gold house drinks champagne.
- The person who drives a Mustang has a parrot.
- The owner of the brown house drives a Robin Reliant.
- The person living in the centre house drinks orange juice.
- Bill lives in the first house.
- The person who drives a Zodiac lives next to the one who keeps a cat.
- The person who keeps a mouse lives next to the man who drives a Robin Reliant.
- The person who drives a Rover drinks absinthe.
- Phil drives a Rolls Royce.
- Bill lives next to the blue house.
- The Zodiac driver lives next to the one who drinks sherry.
The moral of the story? In life, sometimes you're not given all the facts but, if you make the effort, you can still come up with the correct answer.